Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe
· 2 crusty white bread slices
· Butter for spreading, softened
· 25 g cheddar, thinly sliced
· 25 g gruyere, thinly sliced
· 25 g cooking mozzarella, thinly sliced
· Olive oil for frying
· Gherkins and pickles to serve
Lightly toast the bread, then cool slightly. Spread butter on both sides of each slice, then divide the cheeses between them.
Heat a splash of oil in the pan over a medium heat. Add both slices of bread, cheese-side up, then cover with the lid to help the cheese start to melt.
After two minutes, remove the lid and continue frying until the underside of the bread is golden and the cheese looks melty.
Sandwich the two slices together so all the cheeses are in the middle, then gently press down and continue cooking until the cheese has melted and the bread is deep golden.
Slice, then serve straightaway with gherkins or pickles.